Here at Decision Web Design, we do not offer standardized web design packages or bundles because we believe that each website is unique. Instead, we offer you a price guide that you can use when deciding what type of site you need.
If you do not have a budget for web design then your only option is a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) solution or a free site builder (not offered by Decision Web Design).
There are many offerings on the web where you can choose the template, fill in the blanks, and off you go. There is no support with these sites, a lot of them have security issues, and they are generally temporary/throw away sites with limited functionality.
There is a use for these sites but they are not recommended for a business who wants to be professional.
Your budget is up to €500
Generally, these are small static (non-changing) websites with little maintenance. The sites have few pages describing your product/service, who you are and where you are located.
These sites are generally called “starter” or “brochure” sites. They are ideal if you just want a simple online presence and a website address to put on business cards or other marketing material. With these sites, you will also have a unique email address.
Typically, no promotion or optimization is offered with this option but maintenance and support will be available if required.
Your budget is between €500 and €1,000
Sites in this range have more content and functionality than the previous packages. They will be based on a Content Management System (CMS) where you can easily make changes to the content and add new pages yourself.
Most sites we do are of this type. Initially, you may have 10-20 pages describing each of your products and services as well as guiding the visitor to action such as contact you, or even simple “buy now” or “book now” functionality.
Once the basic site is up and running, changes for new products, services, and content are easily made.
If you are looking for a website that engages your prospects or customers then this may be the option for you. Great for small businesses.
Additional options for these sites include:
- Local Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) so that your site appears in local business listings
- Comprehensive Search Engine Optimisation using a linking campaign, Social Media, and content writing, so that your site appears prominently in search engines. This will allow your customers to find you more easily through web searches
- Internet marketing and AdWords campaign management for paid promotion so that your site appears in the Google-sponsored listings
- Support and maintenance package that will keep your site secure from intruders and hackers, automated daily backups, performance monitoring, system updates & patches, analytics & traffic reporting, plus routine maintenance.
Your budget is over €1,000 but generally between €1,000 and €2,000
Sites in this price range are similar to the previous category but have richer content and functionality. This functionality fully engages your customer and may include blogs, Twitter, Facebook, a forum, secure areas, full shopping basket or cart, images gallery, file sharing, newsletters, videos or podcasts, and press releases.
If you are serious about your online presence then these sites may be what you need – your online strategy is integrated with your overall business and is a significant source of leads/prospects or customers.
These are comprehensive sites that are customer-focused and show that you are serious regarding your online presence. Great for small and medium businesses.
Options for these sites are similar to the previous category:
- Local Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) so that your site appears in local business listings is a must for these sites so it is automatically included in the price if you have a physical address
- Comprehensive Search Engine Optimisation using a linking campaign, Social Media, and content writing, so that your site appears prominently in search engines
- Internet marketing and AdWords campaign management for paid promotion so that your site appears in the Google-sponsored listings. If you are selling services and products online then you should consider this option
- Support and maintenance package that will keep your site secure from intruders and hackers, automated daily backups, performance monitoring, system updates & patches, analytics & traffic reporting, plus routine maintenance
- eCommerce solutions that allow you to have a shopping cart and fully engage your customers. When you are selling online then this is the way to go.